[embed]https://youtu.be/fB7mbQwhn2k[/embed] text here text here
Hall of fame
To date we have...
- Developed a healthy collaborative relationship with The Football Association since our initial meeting in Dec 2016 meeting regularly and being in ongoing contact with key executives.
- From a very early point found common ground with each other allowing us to always present a united front.
- Been involved in the development of the Footballer Survivor Support Plan initially and influentially with The PFA and then remained involved and consulted as The FA further developed this.
- Met with and liaised with representatives of ‘Operation Hydrant’ in an effort to understand their aims, powers and difficulties. We have established a high level communication path and have worked towards establishing an ‘acceptable best practice’ model moving forward in terms of victim liaison.
- Fed into the process with The FA in developing research regarding the overall understanding of ‘safeguarding’ at grass roots level.
- Attended safeguarding workshops at County Football Associations.
- Represented and liaised with the Professional Footballers Association on all matters.
- Attended workshops to understand the various methods of therapy available to survivors.
- Liaised with fellow survivors, advised, signposted and ‘walked with them to the next place’ in their recovery.
- Presented our thoughts to both the Premier League and the English Football League and will continue to build those relationships whilst maintaining a consistent approach to safeguarding throughout the game.